On May 13, 2015 at the Phillips Collection in Washington, D.C., the National Civic Art Society hosted an oversubscribed panel discussion on "New Urbanism and the Human Habitat: Beauty in the Natural and Built Environment."
- James Howard Kunstler, author of The Geography of Nowhere
- Michael Mehaffy, Portland-based urban designer
- Roger Scruton, English philosopher and public commentator
- Moderator: Orsolya Ujj, Pannonius Fellow of the Common Sense Society
* * *
On July 18, 2014, at the U.S. House Rayburn Office Building in Washington, D.C., the National Civic Art Society hosted a briefing to discuss the current state of the Eisenhower Memorial and its future prospects. The panel concluded that the design is dead, and advocated for a new, open competition.
- The Hon. Bruce Cole, former Chairman of the National Endowment of the Humanities, and President Obama's appointee to the Eisenhower Memorial Commission
- Justin Shubow, President of the National Civic Art Society
- Catesby Leigh, art and architecture critic
- Moderator: Howard Segermark, Chairman Emeritus of the National Civic Art Society